Dr. Abdul-Ameer M. Ghareeb
◌ Administrative board member
- Specialization : Molecular Genetics
Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology Institute for post Graduate studies,
University of Baghdad, Baghdad, Iraq
-PhD Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology 2018
The Faculty of Life Sciences Division of Microbiology/School of Biological Sciences/University of Reading /United Kingdom
Molecular study of the mechanisms controlling the induction of the hexonate/hexuronate-utilization genes of Salmonella enterica (serotype Enteritidis) upon exposure to egg white
-M.Sc. Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology 2005
Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology Institute for post Graduate studies, University of Baghdad, Baghdad, Iraq
Isolation and Characterization of Escherichia coli O157:H7 and The Detection by PCR of Stx & eaeA Genes .
-B.S. Food production and Biotechnology 1999
Dept. of Food industry and Biotechnology, College of Agriculture, University of Baghdad, Baghdad, Iraq
Certifications and Workshop Experience:
Certificate in English Language, January 1998
Ministry of higher education and scientific research University of Baghdad / College of Language / Baghdad / Iraq
Certificate for Computer training course for post Graduate Students, July 1999
Ministry of higher education and scientific research
University of Baghdad / College of Education Ibn-Alhaithem of Dept. of Computer Science
Molecular Biology Work Shop, September 2005
Jordan University Science and Technology Issued from BIO-RAD Laboratories
International Environmental Health Conference, September 2006.Amman, Jordan.
Oral Presentation: 1st Postgraduate Symposium – 9 June 2015, URS building, The University of Reading. UK.
- Oral Presentation: 2nd Postgraduate Symposium – 26 May 2016, URS building, The University of Reading. UK
- Poster: 10th International Biometals Symposium – 10–15 July 2016, Dresden, Germany.
- Poster: First Iraqi Cultural and Scientific Conference (ICSCR) – 18 July 2016, Reading. UK.
- Poster: Microbiology Research Away Day – 19 July 2016 – Building no. 22, London Road Campus, The University of Reading. UK.
- Poster: The annual Conference of Microbiology Society – 3–6 April 2017, EICC in Edinburgh. UK.
- Poster: The Seventh Congress of the International BioIron Society, Biennial World Meeting. 7–11 May 2017, UCLA Meyer & Renee Luskin Conference Center Los Angeles, California, USA.
- Poster: The 6th International Symposium on Metallomics, 14–17 August 2017.University of Vienna, Austria.
Molecular genetics techniques (extraction DNA,Electrophoresis,cloning,PCR,Pulsed feiled gel,electrophoresis,polyacrylamide electrophoresis,RFLP)
Epidemiology & food Microbiology research techniques (plasmid profile,transformation ,conjugation,curing,Antibiotic sensitivity)
Genetic disease (Allele frequency,gene polymorphism)
Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology Institute for Postgraduate Study, Baghdad University (2006-2013)
- Lecturer in Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology.
- Assistant Professor in lab classes for genetic engineering & molecular techniques
- Lecturer for PCR Training courses
- Researching food borne illness and tracing origin of disease
- Director of genetically modified strains bank
- Member of Finger Print Unit in the Institute for Post Graduate Study
Publications: (list newest to oldest from top to bottom)
Ghareeb A.M.; Al-zaag A.A. Isolation and Characterization of Escherichia coli O157:H7 and the Detection by PCR of stx & eaeA Genes.Iraqi J of Biotech. 7(2):210-217 (2008)
Al-Awadi S.J.;Emad A.M. and Ghareeb A.M. Extraction and Characterization of rapeseed oil (Brassca campestris ) and it’s Effected on Microorganisms. Journal of Um-Salama (2010)
Essam F.A.; Abdulsatar O. K. and Ghareeb A.M. Study of plasmid and protein discipline of Escherichia coli that contamination of major rivers in Iraq. Second scientific conference of Genetic engineering and Biotechnology Institute for Postgraduate study (2010)
Ghareeb A.M. Bacteriophages effects antibiotic sensitivity of Staphylococcus aureus. Journal of AL-Nahrain University (2010)
Ghareeb A.M. Use of teeth samples for Gender determination by PCR in Iraqi case. Iraqi J of Biotech (2010)
Al-Faisal A.M.;Alnajar A.F.and Ghareeb A.M. AZF , SRY microdeletions and hormonal disturbances in azoospermic men. Isan Journal of pharmaceutical Sciences (2010)
Ghareeb A.M.;Zaidan,T.H. and Gharb,L.A. antibacterial and antifungal activity of Ammi visnaga against pathogenic micro organisims. Iraqi Journal of Science (2010)
Ghareeb A.M. Genetics Variants of k-Casein genes in Iraqi Buffalo breed assay using PCR-RFLP. Al- Kufa University Journal for biology: 945-952:2011
– The Society for Applied Microbiology
– Microbiology Society
– International Biometals Society
Mobil : 00964-7710078300
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org